It’s budget week for the federal government and as we’ve seen with previous budgets, some details are starting to leak out already. Here are some likely details we’re learning:
– House of Commons has offered a 6.9% budget cut in the SOR
– Katimavik’s funding will be ended.
What I’m hearing:
– 10% CBC budget cut
– 8% total spending cut for government spending
– shift in public sector pensions towards a 50-50 plan (won’t get there this year, of course)
– MP travel points and spousal travel points to be cut by a certain degree
Please add reported cuts and rumours of cuts in the comments.