John Tory’s Ontario PCs filed a freedom of information request to detail expenses of a recent first ministers meeting in Niagara On the Lake.
- $837 was spent to ship ice from Toronto to Niagara on the Lake;
- Hotel charges for Premier Dalton McGuinty’s and a staff of 15 amounted to $16,184 or just over $1,000 bucks per person;
- More than $6,000 was spent on rooms that went unused;
- The province incurred a $9,000 bill to have a landscaper repair damage to the grounds of Fort George, a Parks Canada site, following an event there;
- A whopping $56,837.56 was spent on golf shirts and other presents and promotional items.
Our tax dollars at work.